Science Investigation

As part of our Weather IDL lessons we have been learning about the water cycle.

We used books and information on the Internet to research the process.

Mrs Balloch helped us with our experiement.

Evaporation:

Heat from the Sun causes water on Earth (in rivers, lochs etc) to evaporate (turn from liquid into gas) and rise into the sky.

This water vapour collects in the sky in the form of clouds.

– Archie

Condensation:

As water vapour in the clouds cools down it becomes water again, this process is called condensation. – Luke

Precipitation:

Water falls from the sky in the form of rain, snow, hail, or sleet, this process is called precipitation.   – Amelie

Collection:

Rivers and lochs collect water that has fallen. Water evaporates into the sky again and the cycle continues. – Cara

Well Done, Primary 2!

You have been working so hard in Primary 2.  It looks like you enjoyed your Storyteller visit during Book Week.  The Scottish songs that you learned sounded very funny.  I wonder if anyone will perform them at our Scots Verse Event.  I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Puppet Show that the Primary 7 pupils performed for your class.   Well done for all your hard work rehearsing for your Nativity.  The show was a great success and you all looked fantastic in your costumes!  Keep working hard in 2018!

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas

A Little Nativity 2017 by Primary 1&2

“I was Angel Gabriel, I sang a song to Mary to tell her she was going to have  a special baby” – Archie

” I was a camel, I took the Wise Men all the way to Bethlehem” – Ava

“I was a hen, I went into the stable with all the other animals” – James

“I was the Mum in our Nativity, I told all the children it was time for bed and I read them the Christmas story” – Rhona

“We had fun dancing in the gym hall and a special visitor came to our class”  –  Ruairi

“Santa gave me dinosuar blow pens and rubbers , they are really cool” – Emily