24.11.23

Road Safety Week

This week has been Road Safety Week.  PC Mitchell came along to our assembly and spoke to us about how to keep ourselves safe in a car, on a pavement and roads.  We found out that you are 5 times more likely to be in a road accident if you are on your phone when driving.

‘It is kind to help people cross the road if they are scared or need some extra help to cross the road.’ Harley

We sorted Road Safety facts under the headings true, false and not sure.  We also played interactive games and watched videos to identify road safety issues.

We had the opportunity to design our own Road Safety posters and enter them into a competition.  Hopefully we will hear soon who the winner are.

17.11.23

Diwali – Rangoli Patterns

“We made Rangoli Patterns out of leaves and chalk.” – Rayna

“We had to make sure they were symmetrical and these were used to celebrate Diwali.” – Aayshah

Virgin Money – Make Your £5 Grow

“We watched a live lesson about how to make your £5 grow but making a profit by selling lemonade.” – Lewis

“To make a profit you must first spend your £5 on supplying your business but you have to remember to make smart decisions!” – Magnus

We had to use our maths skills to complete calculations.

Football Coach

“In P.E we played football.  We had a visitor  called Logan who taught us how to do turns and passes.” – Sadie

“We made 4 teams and played short games against each other; it was great fun!” – Ben H

“We had a penalty shoot out at the end.”- Kayla

Anti- Bullying Week

We read a book called ‘A Spot of Kindness’ and it told us why you should be kind to each other.

“We each got an anti-bullying band that says ‘Ask me why I’ve got this wristband’ –  it represents kindness.” – Daanya

When we look at our band we need to remember to be kind to one another and think before we speak.

“We made odd socks to show that everyone is different and we all have to treat each other the same way. “- Matthew

10.11.23

Science Centre Trip

Our trip to the Science Centre was AMAZING! 10/10

“My favourite thing was putting the ball into the tube when the air is coming out and when I took my hand away the ball would shoot through the tubes and aim at the net.” Daanya

“I really liked the ‘Climate Change’ show.  I liked all the  experiments Richard did and all the loud noises and colours.”  Mariia

“The best one was the wind.  My friend hit the drum and the air made my hair and face move.” William

“There were lots of fun illusions to do.”   Ibrahim

“It was really fun to run in the spinning thing, I felt like a hamster.”  Matthew

“I liked seeing my skeleton when I was cycling.” Daanya

“I really liked the pin wall that you could lean into and leave your imprint.” Lewis

We all really enjoyed our trip and would love to go again.

Happy Diwali! 😊

03.11.23

This week we have been consolidating our learning about Scotland and China.

We have worked in pairs and trios to research the final topics we wanted to learn about.  We compiled what we have learnt about both countries onto a Google Slide, then made a fact file/brochure about one of the countries we have been learning about.

Two girls in our class helped us to learn some Chinese writing.  We were very curious about the way in which the words are formed and the order in which the strokes must be made for the words to be legible.  We also learnt that Chinese books are read from the back to the front and that the words are read from the top to the bottom of a page.

We are looking forward to our trip to the Science centre next Friday. 🙂