W/B 19/02/24 – Woodlands and Literacy

Woodlands and Literacy

This week, we went on a materials hunt in our woodland area! Once we found lots of items, we placed them inside a hoop and had to use different adjectives to describe them. Our friends had to guess what our item was based on what adjectives we used. We were very accurate and detailed with our descriptions and this helped us to be successful. Some examples of our descriptions are down below.

“My object is in the blue hoop with the black stripes. It is grey, small and kind of round.” – Isabella

“My object is in the blue hoop. It is green and smooth. It can easily break. It is kind of like a turtle leg shape.” – Amaya

“My object is in the blue hoop. It is small. It has so many circle shapes on it. They have a wee brown top on each of them and they are all connected on one branch.” – Aviraj

“Mine is in the blue hoop. It is long, light green and dirty. It is in a diamond shape.” – Fraser

“Mine is in the green hoop. It is a small object. It was red, orange and grey.” – Lucas A

“It is small, a bit dirty and hard. It kind of looks like a bit of small bread.” – Ryley