Senses, Sounds, Storytelling and so much more!

Primary One, we have reached another school Holiday! This week you have blown me away. I have seen everyone apply all their learning across the classroom independently. For example, we learnt about Senses!

Using your knowledge of senses, I could hear you describing foods and its ‘taste’, you were exploring sound in your environment and were exploring all the different textures you could ‘touch’ across the classroom.

We were scared about what we were going to touch or feel underneath this cloth! Thankfully it wasn’t anything scary! We used our sense of touch to feel different objects. We had to guess what we were feeling!

‘I think I smell perfume, it smells so nice’.

‘I smell fruit like oranges.’

‘I smell strawberries. I want to eat a strawberry now.’

We were smelling lots of different items and objects, some were fruity and strong!

We were using our sense of touch. The play dough was soft, but the rolling pin was hard and so was the pasta!

We were carefully looking at the pictures to try and ‘see’ all the hidden words!

We were using our ‘hearing’  to create some music!

We are playing with all the different tinned foods in the home corner and discussed  what they would taste like.

To conclude our learning about Senses, we went on a Senses walk. We were mark making everything we could touch, see, hear, smell and taste.

We continue to learn about our sounds! We practise alliteration of sounds and letter formation!

We were printing peppers and that begins with a ‘p’!

We were having so much fun as we explored ‘c’ using cornflakes!

For ‘n’, we were reading and investigating newspapers! We could find other sounds we recognised in the newspapers too!

We love writing on our tummies! We are practising our letter formation. We had to circle which letter we thought we had wrote the neatest.

Creating and roleplaying stories is so much fun! Helicopter stories brings our own stories to life!

In Maths, we made our own Bar Chart. We remember what a Bar Chart is because it looks like bars of chocolate in a graph! Some are small and big! We made a bar chart about our favourite foods.

We made a bar chart about our eye colours!

Continuing our love of forces, ordinal positions and cars, Miss Amin created a target board! The highest score was the small circle in the middle which is 100! We worked as team to try and reach our car to 100!

We are sorting objects into the correct colour. We then practised sharing amounts equally with one another. We discussed what a half is too!

We love making stories outdoors! Here we are pretending to be Miss Amin and we are singing a number song!

With Halloween approaching, we were making potions. We discussed the different colours we could make by mixing colours.

What a super blog this week for super learners! You blow me away each week by how excited you are to learn. I hope you have a wonderful October week. Have lots of fun and stay safe!

See you soon,

Miss Amin xx