Planet Earth

For our Science topic we watched Planet Earth and Blue Planet clips to learn more about food chains.

To feed the baby penguin the Mum had to regurgitate her food. It was disgusting! Rowan P2

I didn’t know that seals ate penguins and we saw a seal diving into the water to get a penguin. Andrew P3

I liked the bit where the eagle came down and got the bird. It was so cool! Alex P3

I liked seeing the fish eating the plankton and then being chased by the hammerhead sharks. Rudi P2

I didn’t know a baby wildebeest could out run a hyena on it’s first day! It took 4 minutes for the baby to learn how to walk. Jack ad Dexter P3

Shape Robot Making

For Maths Week, we created shape robots. Primary 2 used 2D shapes and Primary 3 used 3D shapes.

We had a lot of card and we had to cut out shapes to make the different parts of the body and we labelled the shapes by writing their names – Olivia P2

We used cubes, cuboids and cylinders with boxes, toilet roll tubes and bottles to make the robots – Alex and Harry P3

I liked putting the wheels on with toilet roll tubes – Dexter P3

I enjoyed gluing and sticking – Sophie P2

Outdoor Science!

As part of our Food Chains Science topic we went outside and looked for examples of prey, predators, producers and consumers. We saw midges, spiders, tadpoles, worms, birds and wasps.

I really liked stamping on the ground to find worms! – Oliver P2

I liked looking at the tadpole eggs – Ollie P2

I liked finding different animals – Andrew P3

Digital Learning

We have been learning how to use the ‘activote’ devices.  The Primary 3s have been excellent digital buddies for the Primary 2s and together we have been completing online quizzes using the devices.  Primary 3 can register independently and are supporting the Primary 2s to achieve this.  We are also working in Glow and learning to log on using our username and password.  This is proving quite tricky as there is a lot of typing involved and the passwords need to be accurate!  We are getting there though.  In the next couple of weeks we hope to start using Yammer which is our secure, online class communication area.

Primary 2/3 get ready to start a new year

Keep up to date with what we are learning in class by reading our class blog!