ATTENTION ALL PUPILS INTERESTED IN ACCOUNTING – VIRTUAL WORK EXPERIENCE – GRANT THORNTON

I wanted to get in touch as it is that time of the year at Grant Thornton when we start to organise our work experience programme for October half-term.  As a result of the global pandemic, we have made the decision to host all our work experience programmes online this year.  We would like to connect with your S5 and S6 students about an exciting two-day virtual work experience opportunity that we are offering. I would be really grateful if you could share this with your students.

Grant Thornton are one of the largest accountancy firms in the world, recruiting between 400-450 graduates, interns and school leavers in the UK every year. As part of our commitment to widening access to the industry, we are offering 200 work placements across the country which can be accessed from home.

The programme is in line with Grant Thornton’s purpose and is part of our commitment to achieving social mobility across the UK. The programme we offer is a two-day virtual work experience programme that will take place on 26 and 27 October 2020, where students will receive the following:

• Pre and post programme support
  • Introduction to Accountancy across Audit, Tax and Advisory (using interactive case studies)
  • Business skills development (teamwork, communication, confidence, networking and making presentations)
  • Employability skills, recruitment and careers advice

The aim of the programme is to give your students a taste of what it’s like to work within a global professional services firm, as well as developing them both personally and professionally. Whether they are looking for a fast track onto our school leaver apprenticeship programme or to build their CV ahead of university, this is a great opportunity for them to enhance their experience.

Applications are now open and I would really appreciate if you could circulate the below link with your students who would be interested in this opportunity and we will keep them up to date with the progress of their application.

https://trainees.grantthornton.co.uk/trainee-positions/job-details/?id=job_posting-3-24617&pp=6959

If you’d like to chat further about the work experience opportunity please do drop me an email, or I’d be more than happy to have a call 😊

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,

Katie

Katie Hall

Associate, Audit

Grant Thornton UK LLP

D +44 (0)141 223 0745

T +44 (0)141 223 0000

E Katie.Hall@uk.gt.com

grantthornton.co.uk