P4/5’s Maths Relay Race – Parent Workshop

A huge thank-you to all the parents / carers who attended P5/4’s Maths workshop.

We hope you found it useful.

Elliot’s dad is very impressed!
Molly’s Dad is joining in.
I think Lucas and Rowan have worked out the answer.
Remember to show your working!
This group are very competitive
Lyle’s mum is working out the answer
P5/4 are very competitive.

Nicole and Sanna are on top form

Today we created a questionnaire using the software Microsoft Forms.  Since this is Walk to School Week, we decided to use this opportunity to find out how children travel to school.

We emailed our form to Primary 7. Once they respond to our questionnaire, we will communicate the result via the blog

Sanna & Nicole working on their questionnaire

MUGA Magic

I love the new MUGA. I enjoy playing football because there is a lot of space to move around. If you fall you’re protected because you’re not falling on concrete”, said Elliott.

Elliot playing football
Thomas running through the ladders

“The MUGA is fun to play in. I’m looking forward to using it over the next couple of weeks”, said Thomas

Lyle enjoying hockey in the MUGA

“I love playing in the MUGA. Its so much fun. Looking forward to playing hockey”, Lyle.

Christopher about to score a goal

Hawthorn Court Update

Yesterday we visited Hawthorn Court. This was our second visit. I met with June who told me all about her knitting. She has knitted for the sick babies at the Queen Elizabeth  Hospital. She has also made blankets for people in wheelchairs. These blankets are special because they have pockets to keep personal belongings. June’s knitting is so good that she has her work published in the Guiness  Book of World Records – she’s even met the Queen!

I showed June my beautiful scarf. It took me three months to knit my scarf and I always love wearing it…it is so cosy.

I love a Wednesday afternoon when I go to Hawthorn Court. It’s so nice meeting new people and learning all about them. I am already looking forward to next week. By Shuna

Shuna talking to June about her scarf.
June talking about her blanket

Olivia and I met two lovely ladies yesterday afternoon. We played Junior Bingo and unfortunately we lost. I also talked about my favourite book Famous Five, by Enid Blyton. By Darcy

Playing Junior Bing at Hawthorn Court

Yesterday Scott and I met Norman. Norman loves football and he told me all about his visit to Wembley in 1966 when Scotland and England played in the World Cup. I showed him my world Cup book and Scott told him all about his visits to football matches. By Christopher

Christopher and Scott talking about football

P4/5 Art Gallery

Oor Wullie in the style of Dudley D. Watkins, by Shuna

Well done to you all for your homework art submissions. They are so good I’ve decided to include them all.

Leaves From the Same Tree, by Max
Robbie in the style of Picasso, by Robbie
Rainbow, by Christopher
Rubic Cube, by Molly
Meet Moorag, by Thomas
My Painting in the style of Jackson Pollock, by Darcy
The Little Mermaid, by Jessica
Wonka in the style of Quentin Blake, by Louisa
Blairatholl in the style of Angela Elliot Walker, by Craig
Grandpa can’t find his bonnet in the style of Dudley Watkins, by Sanna
Shapes, by Francis
Starry, Starry night, by Sophia
Glasgow Rose, by Poppy
Tiger in the Park, by Elliot
My Jackson Pollock research, by Yusra
Mc Coo by the Moo – loney’s
Starry Night in the style of Van Gogh, by Miss Doris
Campbell’s Soup Cans inspired by Andy Warhol, by Tom.
Can you spot the original

Visit to Hawthorn Court

The children enjoyed being at Hawthorn Court today where they entertained the ladies with their singing. dancing and conversation. The ladies thoroughly enjoyed their company and are already looking forward to us coming back next week.

Dragons’ Den

This term we will be learning about Innovative Scots and the impact they have had on our lives. We have also been given the opportunity to invent and design our own inventions and pitch them to Busby’s very own Dragons’ Den. The groups will have to impress the fearsome dragons with their entrepreneurial skills to win the prize. The panel members and prize will be revealed at a later date. Invitations to attend Busby’s Dragons’ Den will also be issued nearer the time.

Welcome to P5/4

Miss Doris would like to welcome you to the Primary 5/4 blog. The children have settled really well. The purpose of the blog is to keep you informed each week of the type of activities that your child will be involved in and to enable you to give your child as much support as possible.

Welcome to Our Blog!

We are all really excited about the new school year and all the fantastic learning we will be involved in.  We hope to post some of the activities, learning and events we experience on our Class Blog.