WEEK BEG. 23.03.20

Remote Learning – Week 1

Good morning to P2B and families!

In this post you will find more information about learning from home and tasks to complete Monday to Friday.

The information below can also be found in a document on the ‘Files’ tab on the class Microsoft Team.

I will use this blog weekly to sign post any important updates.

Routine of the Day

You can choose which order you complete your learning targets, but you should aim to finish them for 3:00pm just like you would if it was a day in class at school.

Please remember your snack break in the morning, and lunchtime break in the afternoon!

Remote Online Learning

At 9:00am everyday it might be an idea to log onto your Microsoft Teams using your GLOW account (gw16 17 18 or 19…) to have a look at what Literacy, Numeracy and Other learning tasks/online experiences I, Mr Gordon or Mrs Ali have asked you to complete or take part in.

On a Friday you may be set an assignment on your Team to assess mental maths or spelling skills. You will find the ‘Assignment’ tab at the top of the Teams page.

At 3:05pm I will have the link to our class tidy up music on the ‘YouTube’ tab at the top of the page. Play this so you can get your learning space tidy and ready for the next working day.

Remote Learning Resources

Last Thursday (19th) you were sent home with a home learning folder containing jotters, maths booklet, My Special Book and group reading texts.

Please compete written tasks neatly, in pencil and use the same jotter layout as in class.

Remember to:

• write the long date in literacy jotter e.g. Monday 23rd March
  • write the short date in maths/IDL jotter e.g. 23.03.20
  • underline titles
  • take a new line for each question
  • remember 1 digit per box in maths jotters/miss 2 boxes between each question.

I’ll let you know on your Team which jotter to use. The where and when is up to you and your family!

I am sad that I don’t get to see your smiley faces everyday but look forward  to reading your comments and the fun we will have together!

Thank you families for your support with the above – the children will keep you right I am sure!

Please use the guidelines/help sheets for logging onto learning sites sent to you in a school email last week if needed.

….and everyday.

Stay safe, listen to the adults who are looking after you and be good! I will be watching!

Miss McCaskie x