Congratulations to all those who competed at the SSSA Indoor Secondary Skier Cross Championships this week at Snowsport. Gregor Chalmers-Thompson (S2) finished 7th in the S1-S3 category and Ross Nesbitt (S6) finished 2nd place in the S4-S6 category. Well done!
The PTA Advent Raffle starts this Sunday. With many prizes donated by generous local retailers. Prizes in the first week include:
– Schwarzkopf hair products from Davidson & Green, Stamperland.
– Dry Cleaning voucher from Clark’s Alterations, Stamperland.
– Cafe Roma, Clarkston voucher. – Swanson Sports, Clarkston vouchers.
– Pancake & crepe maker from Stamperland Hardware.
– Christmas Decoration.
– Wine and Prosecco
– Chocolates and Sweets
– Toiletries Sets and Candles
Raffle tickets are available through ParentPay right up to Tuesday 17th December. Good Luck!
It’s time for the third monthly PTA draw. This month’s prize is a £50 Cineworld voucher. You can still purchase a ticket for a one of payment of £5 through ParentPay while raising funds for your PTA. Tickets purchased by Thursday 28th November will be entered into the 3rd draw. If you’re not the lucky winner this time, there are still seven draws to go and your ticket is entered into each one. Tickets purchased after the draw dates will be entered into subsequent draws. Good luck.
BAE Systems Naval Ships
· Apprentice Burner – Two National 4s to include Maths and English
· Apprentice Electrician – Five National 4s to include English, Maths and a Science or Technical Subject
· Apprentice Engineering Technician – Five National 5s at grade C or above including English, Maths and Physics plus three Highers at grade C or above in English, Maths and a Science subject
· Apprentice Joiner – Five National 4s to include English, Maths and a Science or Technical Subject
· Apprentice Mechanical Fitter – Five National 4s to include English, Maths and a Science or Technical Subject
· Apprentice Pipe Fitter – Five National 4s to include English, Maths and a Science or Technical Subject
· Apprentice Sheet Metal – Five National 4s to include English, Maths and a Science or Technical Subject or equivalent
· Apprentice Steelworker – Five National 4s to include English, Maths and a Science or Technical Subject or equivalent
· Apprentice Supply Chain To apply, you’ll need to have Five National 5s at grade C or above; including English and Maths plus 2 Highers at C or above in English and Maths.
Closing date 28 February 2020
· Trainee Quantity Surveyor
· Trainee Finance Assistant
No set closing date
· Four Year Graduate Apprenticeship Business Management: Financial Services BA Hons delivered in Partnership with Strathclyde University. Minimum criteria 4 Highers BBBB including Maths and English.
· Three year Finance Apprentice Programme supported to attain ACCA Foundation Diploma. Minimum entry criteria 4 Highers grade BBBC 1 SITTING or BBBB 2 sittings. Including Maths and English. Maths at a B.
· Four Year Graduate Technology Apprenticeship. Software Development BSc (Hons) delivered in Partnership with Strathclyde University. Minimum criteria is 4 Highers BBBB including computing or physics or maths plus English.
Closing date 1 March 2020
Manufacturing Technician Apprentice
Candidates will need 5 Standard Grades (Level 1-2) or 5 National Level 5 Grades including English and Maths are essential. Technical/design and/or Physics is desirable.
Electrical Engineering Apprentice
Candidates will need at least four Higher qualifications grades AABB including Maths and another STEM based subject
Mechanical Engineering Apprentice
Candidates will need at least four Higher qualifications grades AABB including Maths and another STEM based subject.
Closing date 3 January 2020
Campbell Dallas Finance
A minimum of four or five A or B level at Scottish Higher grade (or equivalent) – this should include English and Mathematics.
Closing date 31January 2020
GTG Arnold Clark
Forklift Maintenance Technician
National 4 or above in English, Maths, and either a Science or a Craft subject
Body Repair Apprentice
National 4 or above in Maths, English and a Science or Craft subject
Apprentice Vehicle Refinisher
National 4 or above in English, Maths, and a Science or Craft subject
Coca- Cola East Kilbride
Congratulations to Ben Dickinson (S3) who has been offered a place in the horn section of the National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain. This is an incredible achievement. Well done!
Congratulations to Niamh Flockhart (S6) and her senior girls football team who won 9-5 against Clydebank to get into the next round of the Scottish shield. Well done!
East Renfrewshire Culture and Leisure Swimming Development are looking for children aged 4 to 12 years to come along to FREE Lessons. The existing swimming teachers are upskilling to a higher level of swimming qualification run by the National Governing Body Scottish Swimming. If you are interested in bringing your children along to our free taster swimming lessons at Barrhead Foundry, being taught by our probationary teachers, more information can be found here.