Diana Award

Congratulations to Grace (S5) who was awarded the Diana Award in Edinburgh to recognise her committment and efforts to her community.  Grace attended the awards ceremony in Edinburgh with her family and had the opportunity to meet with other Diana Award winners from across the country.  Grace was asked to provide some additional information on her amazing achievement:

“I won my Diana Award for volunteering with a Rainbows group for four years.  I organise different activities and help out by playing games or doing crafts with the children which gives the leaders time to deal wth tasks that require their attention.  I used to go to Rainbows when I was younger and really enjoyed it due to the commitment and enthusiasm of the leaders.  This inspired me to get involved and help give other children the kind of positive experience I had.  I am really grateful for the committed leaders at Rainbows for giving me the opportunity to volunteer with them and to the school for helping me with my application.  I would really encourage anyone else that does volunteering to consider applying for the Diana Award.”

Well done Grace!