All practical subjects on offer are taught in a workshop-based setting and provide many skills which are appropriate to a wide range of applications. All courses will develop skills in marking-out, cutting, shaping, machining and materials. Apart from giving an insight into industrial practice, such studies help with the development of self-confidence, manual dexterity and control, perseverance, maturity and spatial awareness
.The aims of any practical course on offer is to:
- develop skills in reading drawings and interpreting diagrams
- identify, select and use a range of workshop tools and equipment
- develop basic skills in measuring and marking out of materials
- develop basic skills in cutting, shaping, fixing and joining materials
- apply safe working practices in a workshop or similar environment
- take account of good practice regarding sustainability and recycling.