The NPA (National Progression Award) Sports Development was developed to support candidates wishing to pursue Sports Development as a possible career path. The competences achieved
will allow candidates to make other career decisions and follow different pathways.
The National Progression Award is designed to equip candidates with the skills, knowledge and understanding required for progression to further academic and/or professional qualifications.
The award will provide:
– A choice of vocational pathways to be followed
– Flexible approaches within a national framework
– The opportunity to preserve and build upon existing good practice
– The opportunity to investigate current trends and theories
– Compatibility with feeder qualifications, in particular Skills for Work (SfW)
– Sport and Recreation at SCQF level 4 and 5 together with the NQGA Sport and Fitness level 5
– Articulation with HN provision in Sports Coaching with Development of Sport at HNC and HND levels
– Articulation with SVQ in Sports Development at SVQ level
– A focus on the working practices being demanded by the industry
General information for candidates
National Progression award is designed to improve your skills and knowledge in the Sport and Fitness Industries. They are designed to allow progression to the HNC/HND programmes in:
– Sport Coaching with Sports Development
– Sport and Recreation Management
– Other SQA awards and SVQs are also real possibilities
The NPA Sports Development award has two Units. Both Units will need to be completed to achieve the NPA.
The Units will be carried out in a sports environment and assessments will reflect the nature and the knowledge that will relate to sports development.
The Units will involve team working but ALL candidates will need to play a full part as it will be your own work and contribution which will be assessed.
The NPA has two Units. Both must be completed to obtain the Group Award.
The Units are as follows:
Sports: Activity and Participation Opportunities in the Community
Sports: Investigate Activity Development Opportunities in an