Friday Bundle 22.10.21

Hello everyone

Parent/ Teacher Meetings
We had been very hopeful that the Scottish Government would further ease some mitigations allowing us to consider several different options for our upcoming Parent/ Teacher Meetings in November.  However, as you will be aware, this has not yet happened and this means that we will hold these sessions using the online, live video platform (the same as we used at the end of last session).  This platform did prove to be very successful and I am sure that this will be the case again.  Further information in relation to this will be sent home next Thursday however I wanted to let you know the dates and timings which are – Tuesday 23rd and Thursday 25th November, both from 4-7pm.  We will also continue to use the online booking system and this will also be explained to you next Thursday.

Flu Immunisation 
The School Nurses team will be in school on Friday, 29th October to immunise the children.

Key Dates
I had also hoped, like you I’m sure, that we would be able to welcome you into school to attend some school events including information workshops however, this is not yet possible either.  However, in addition to the Parent Meeting dates above, I feel it is important to let you know a few other key dates for this session which are listed below.  Of course if, and when, we are able to once again welcome you into school, I will update this list with more events (fingers crossed) and will share it with you at that time.  Please note these dates are also available on our school website within the calendar on the left hand side of the landing page.

• Friday 3rd December – House Day (House Coloured t-shirts worn if possible please)
  • Friday 11th March – House Day (House Coloured t-shirts worn if possible please)
  • Wednesday 16th March – School Photographs Start Today
  • Friday 18th March – Pupil Jotters/ Work Samples Sent Home
  • Friday 1st April – School Closes Early at 2.30pm
  • Tuesday 10th May 7pm – School/Nursery Summer Fayre (Proceeds for School Funds)
  • 16th– 20th May – P7 Residential Trip
  • 20th May – Progress Reports Sent Home
  • Monday 23rd May (4-7pm) – Parent/ Teacher Meetings
  • Wednesday 25th May (4-7pm) – Parent/ Teacher Meetings
  • Thursday 26th May – Homework Stops for the Session
  • Tuesday 28th June – School Closes at 1pm

Parent/Child Version of our School and Nursery Improvement Plan (SNIP) Session 2021-2022 and Standards and Quality Report Session 2020-2021
I have mentioned previously that the Parent Council are working together with us on a few priorities linked to the SNIP.  I would therefore like to send a sincere and HUGE thank you to one of our parents Jane, who has worked closely alongside Angela Kerr (PT) to produce a fantastic, simple overview of both of the documents above – these are attached for your interest. This involved several discussion meetings as well as lots of creativity and I am delighted with the result- thank you on behalf of the Netherlee parent body Jane and Angela- teamwork at its best!

And finally, A Day in the Life of … Videos
As I have said already, we are very aware that, unfortunately, you haven’t even been able to step foot inside Netherlee, either for several years now or at all if you only have a child in P1 or P2, and we therefore wanted to share at least a very brief insight into life in Netherlee for your child.  I therefore tasked the Leadership Team with producing “Day in the Life of….” Videos for each of their stages, these will be ready to be shared with you next Friday.  Look out for the link in my update next week- we hope you enjoy!

That’s all from me for the moment, please continue to get in touch with myself, or any member of staff at all, if we can be of any help to you or your child.  I hope you have a really good weekend and we will look forward to seeing all of our children again on Monday, ready for another busy week in school.

Mrs Yvonne Donaldson