To contribute to social and cultural change by promoting an environment where breastfeeding is seen as the normal way to feed infants and young children.
- To provide appropriate education and training for staff to enable them to promote, protect and support breastfeeding.
- To support informed choice in relation to infant feeding.
- To increase awareness of sources of support and information for breastfeeding families.
- To use resources which reflect breastfeeding as the cultural norm.
- To provide a welcoming atmosphere for breastfeeding families and to encourage breastfeeding in the public areas of the establishment.
- To support breastfeeding staff/users.
- To contribute to the promotion of social and attitude change in relation to breastfeeding.
- To develop public acceptability and the promotion of breastfeeding.