Staff are constantly monitoring the progress of each child and sharing information with parents throughout the year.
- our assessment procedures take into account the child’s physical, social, emotional and cognitive development.
- our procedures account for the diversity of young children’s development and previous experiences.
- our assessment is a continuous process, carried out by observing, listening and questioning during the course of the child’s normal activities.
- our assessment involves all staff, parents and the child.
- our assessment emphasises the child’s own progress rather than their position in relation to other children.