The development of literacy and English language skills plays an important role in all learning.
Our pupils develop and extend their literacy and English language skills when they have opportunities to
- communicate, collaborate and build relationships
- reflect on and explain their literacy and thinking skills, using feedback to help them improve and sensitively provide useful feedback to others
- engage with and create a wide range of texts in different media, taking advantage of the opportunities offered by ICT
- develop their understanding of what is special, vibrant and valuable about t heir own and other cultures and their languages
- explore the richness and diversity of language, how it can affect them, and the wide range of ways in which they and others can be creative
- extend and enrich their vocabulary through listening, talking, watching and reading
- engage with a wide range of texts and are developing an appreciation of the richness and breadth of Scotland’s literacy and linguistic heritage
- enjoy exploring and discussing word patterns and text structures
Please use the link below to take you to the page containing our Parent Help Booklets for all aspects of Literacy and English; Early Level, First Level, Second Level and Third Level.