Change and loss are issues that affect all of us at some stage in our lives. At Carlibar we recognise that when changes occur in families through death, separation, divorce and related circumstances, young people may benefit from learning how to manage these changes effectively.
We are therefore offering a very successful education program called Seasons for Growth. This program is facilitated in small groups and is based on research which highlights the importance of social support and the need the practise new skills to cope effectively with change and loss.
The program focuses on issues such as self-esteem, managing feelings, problem-solving, decision-making, effective communication and support networks.
We will also be holding an information session on Monday 8th October from 11:00-12:00 to allow any parents and carers who want to find out more a chance to look at some of the resources which will be used and meet Mrs MacLean who will be running the weekly group for pupils.
Further information can be found at http://www.seasonsforgrowth.org.uk/
Carlibar Primary Sports Day will be on Friday 8th June. A copy of the letter will be in schoolbags on Monday .
DO YOU HAVE A SPARE ROOM AT HOME?
For more information please see information in the Supported Carer’s Letter
What are the benefits:
· Become a college student with City of Glasgow College
· Receive travel and lunch expenses for £7.50 each day attended
· Get out of the house and meet new people
· Hours can count towards Job Centre agreement.
· This free course will run on Thursdays and Fridays, 10.30-2.30 each day for six weeks.
· Starts 3rd May at 10.30 at the Arc Centre, Aurs Rd.
· To book a free place or find out more, contact Pauline on 0783 4437 185.