Mini beasts, iPads and Glasgow Quizzing

This week we have learned about mini beast habitats, looking at woodland and meadow habitats. We actually have real life woodland mini beasts in the class today. There are many eggs and one of them hatched today. We have called 2 of them ‘Wiggle’ and ‘Pinky’.

We have created a presentation about Glasgow to send to our French link school and created a quiz for them to answer. We are looking forward to them sending us the information about Paris. We also used iPads to collect information on Yammer about something that we are interested in, e.g. favourite country, favourite computer game, etc. Next week we will use this information to create a graph to present our results.

‘Rebecca and I have started a worm company to help save the worms.’ Matilda

‘I enjoyed helping out with the worm eggs’. Ryan

‘I enjoyed when Heather and I got to dig around the mud looking for worm eggs’. Alexa

‘Isla and I have started a club ‘The Laughing Club’ where we try to make people laugh and feel happy.’ Aisha

‘I enjoyed using Yammer. It was fun voting on all the polls.’ Adam

‘I enjoyed the problem solving task that we worked on. I learned how to use the strategy ‘Look for a Pattern’. Muriam

‘I learned how to carry out a survey on Yammer. It was great fun and quite easy.’ Rebekah.