Week Beginning 12th September

We have had another busy week, filled with lots of fun and learning (and wasps)!

It would have been Roald Dahl’s 100th birthday this week and there were lots of things happening linked to this. On Thursday we took part in an online ‘Author’s Live’ chat with Matthew Fitt who has written many of Roald Dahl’s books in Scots language. We enjoyed it but did not understand all of the words. Some of the class have asked to learn more about Scots language.

In Science we have been learning about the different states of water. We have been learning about melting, condensation and evaporation. Next week we are looking forward to learning about The Water Cycle.

We have also been learning how to make notes and create a new text using these notes. This week we created summaries of our favourite books. They were so good that they will all be displayed within the classroom.

‘I think the experiments in Science are great fun.’ Emilie

‘I enjoyed our writing this week. I learned how to make good notes so that I can use them.’ Muriam

‘In PE I enjoyed Handball, I learned how to dribble, shoot and pass’. Ewan

‘On Friday morning we went to the assembly performed by the P3 class. It was very good and I really enjoyed it.’ Aisha