Solemnity of St Joseph

Happy Feast of St Joseph- a Solemnity, the highest grade of feast day. Be sure to relax your Lenten penances today and pray to St Joseph.

St Joseph is a role model to us all, and in a particular way to men and boys, showing us many virtues. Under the care of Our Lady and St Joseph, Our Lord Jesus grew in grace and wisdom before God and men. Similarly, if we devote ourselves to the maternal care of Mary and the paternal care of St Joseph, we to will grow in union with Jesus.

St Joseph is also patron of the Universal Church and Pope Francis has made this year a special Year of St Joseph.

Here are some devotions to St Joseph that you could use with your families today. May our families become increasingly like the Holy Family- cloisters of virtue, a domestic church centred around the Lord.

St Joseph, light of patriarchs, Pray for us!

St Joseph, glory of home life, Pray for us!

St Joseph, pillar of families, Pray for us!

Heart of Jesus, I adore thee,

Heart of Mary, I implore thee,

Heart of Joseph, pure and just,

In these three hearts I place my trust

Act of Consecration to St. Joseph

O dearest St. Joseph, I consecrate myself to your honor and give myself to you, that you may always be my father, my protector and my guide in the way of salvation. Obtain for me a greater purity of heart and fervent love of the interior life. After your example may I do all my actions for the greater glory of God, in union with the Divine Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary. O Blessed St. Joseph, pray for me, that I may share in the peace and joy of your holy death. Amen.