Edge Testing

Edge Testing Visit to S3 Computing Science classes

Edge Testing are a renowned testing company. They test websites, apps and games for many well known and highly recognisable companies.

Edge Testing came in to Turnbull High School to work with the new S3. They delivered an excellent workshop looking at the importance of testing and give the students a flavour of different aspects of the world of computing and the work that is carried out.

Here is some feedback from the students involved:

“There were many things I enjoyed about edge testing, for example I enjoyed looking at all the websites and presenting ways to improve them. I have learned a lot from the experience, and learned about all the different jobs to do with testing and how important it is to everyday subjects.”

“Overall I took a lot from this experience learning about how many huge websites are reviewed.”

“I really enjoyed having the opportunity to listen to the two women from Edge Testing talking about their work place and giving us insights on what they do on a daily basis and what their job consists of. It was really interesting and fun – I really learnt a lot about their work place!”

“They were fun and was really interesting and I liked working in groups and I hope they will come and do some more.”

“I found the Edge Testing workshop fun and enjoyable. I learned that there are jobs where people test apps.”

What I enjoyed most about Edge testing was the different jobs you could go into with website testing. We did lots of cool and interesting activities and learned a whole bunch of stuff. Both the people were very nice and were very good at helping to explain things.”

“I never knew that being a tester was a serious job before they had come to visit Turnbull High School. I would rather be a developer though, but that’s just my opinion. Now I’ve been thinking maybe a tester could be the beginning of a career for me.”