St Joseph's Academy – East Ayrshire

Fidelis Justus Prudens

August

Dear Parent/Carer,

As you may have heard, Mr. Swinney has announced a potential change to the circumstances in August. Please note, the plans shared by the Scottish Government are conditional on scientific evidence.

Much of our communication refers solely to the blended model, and is either on the way to you via post or will be sent tomorrow. It is still necessary to share the plans we released this week in case the scientific evidence in August necessitates the use of a blended model.

In the coming days, local authority and school staff will consider today’s announcement and will share what we can with you by Friday. Thereafter, it is likely that the local authority will provide further communication over summer. I will also provide updates over summer, but the letters you receive this week or next will still include our planning as it stood this morning. I trust that given the frequency of detailed communication released by me throughout this period, parents/carers will have confidence in the fact that we will be able to provide clarity when we can and in some detail.

Please do not send emails to the school asking about new plans for August until after we can digest today’s announcement and share our plans with you. We had no prior awareness of today’s announcement and need to finalise blended contingency plans before we can turn our attention to any potential re-opening en-masse.

As always, I thank you for your ongoing support and patience.

Kind Regards

Mr Kane