Christmas Party!

The children all had a fantastic time at our Christmas party!

Silly Gilly came to party with us, playing great games and having lots of fun with all our friends!

Santa took time away from his busy schedule to come and visit the boys and girls of Riccarton ECC!

Nursery Rhyme of the month.

To the right of our communication board is our Makaton signs and Nursery rhyme of the month which is Hickory, Dickory Dock. Please sing this with your child at home and encourage your child to use their imagination to make up rhyming words for each verse as this aids prediction skills and phonological awareness. Awareness of Rhyming words assists your child’s knowledge of sounds within words and aids their ability to read, write and spell at a later stage.

Communication Champion information…

Hi my name is Adele and I have been appointed the communication champion. I regularly work in partnership with the Speech and language team by attending training and network meetings to improve and support communication and language development within the ECC.

I would like to draw your attention to our communication board which is situated in the corridor. Please have a look at this board as the information is updated monthly. This board displays information regarding various ways to support your child’s speech and language development within the home environment.

Inside the Polly pockets situated on the board are leaflets regarding age and stage speech sound development for your guidance;

+please feel free to take one.  

Getting wee people chatting…..

I would like to draw your attention to the Speech and Language facebook page: gettingweepeoplechatting. They are currently running a competition to win a variety of prizes. All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning is to watch a short film and comment below the post before Monday 17th December 2018. Best of luck everyone.

ECO NEWS

Eco warriors had their first committee meeting and have devised a plan of action for the new year. this is on our Eco board for all to see.
Please help yourself to a questionnaire to support our Eco committee