Our Vision and Aims at Riccarton Early Childhood Centre
At Riccarton ECC we strive for Excellence. We seek to provide a safe, welcoming centre where all our children are nurtured, respected, included and motivated to learn. A place where children’s rights are central and every child is encouraged to reach their full potential.
Nurturing relationships, respect, Happiness and wellbeing, child centred and partnership
We will seek to:
- Provide a safe, happy, nurturing and stimulating environment in which every child and all involved in their development will feel welcome, respected, valued and confident.
- Provide a relevant, progressive and balanced curriculum indoors and outdoors with high quality learning experiences that supports and challenges children.
- Ensure children are at the centre of their learning, consulted in decision making and experiences take account of their individual interests and needs.
- Create an environment that encourages respectful relationships. Children will be supported to understand their feelings and become emotionally resilient and recognise that everyone has equal status and equal opportunities.
- Establish and nurture strong partnership links with parents and the wider community to work productively together to encourage innovative and forward thinking ideas to continually improve the service we provide.
Our aims and objectives reflect key principles of the Health and Social Care Standards.
- Dignity and Respect
- Responsive Care and Support