Homework for 29th January

Hello! Here is our homework for this week:

Primary 1

All pupils did a super job in their first spell check. I have included the spell check jotters in the packs for you to look at. Can you please make sure to return them with the homework on Monday in readiness for our next check up?

This week Primary 1s are learning the <ch> sound in spelling. Please do the same as last week. I have given you a bit more space this week and added the extra task of writing a simple sentence with a <ch> word, e.g. I chop a log. They should be words that your child can sound out him/herself.

In maths, we are now adding up to 10. Please complete the worksheet. Children can use the pictures or their fingers to help them add.

Primary 2

We are learning the <oi> sound this week. We have already identified many <oi> and <oy> words and were finding this quite tricky so please practise at home. This week we are building words using the worksheets in your spelling jotter. I have given you two sheets in case you can’t fit all of your spelling words on one sheet.

In maths, we are practising taking away from 20 this week. This can be a bit tricky and we are looking at not only counting back but also counting on if the numbers are close together, e.g. instead of trying to do 20-16, we count up from 16 to 20. There is also a game on the sheet. I have included two counters and a die in each homework pack. I would be grateful if these could be returned next Monday. Thanks!