Strings 🎻🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Primary 7 take part in a weekly strings lesson. Here are some clips of our performance from our Scottish themed week 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🎻

Leadership PE

We are currently developing our skills in gymnastics for PE. This week we teamed up with P1/2 to demonstrate skills to the younger pupils and support them to develop their own skills. As always P7 were fantastic leaders and supportive and encouraging of the younger pupils 🌟

Robert Burns Day 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Primary 7 did a fantastic job learning our Burns poem ‘Tam O’Shanter’ and also ‘The Skye Boat Song’ performed by The Corries. Pupils performed ‘Tam O’Shanter’ to the judges for the competition, then as a class we performed our poem and song to the rest of the school. We also created Robert Burns portraits, designed our own tartan and created storyboards to tell the story of ‘Tam O’Shanter’ 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

World Religions Research Project

As part of the RME curriculum, Primary 7 have been working in small groups to each research one of the six biggest world religions (Christianity, Buddhism, Judaism, Islam, Sikhism and Hinduism). Each group created a poster and PowerPoint presentation to meet the criteria of the challenge. Groups then delivered their presentations to the class to develop our talking and listening skills.

The class and Mrs Rooney then voted for the group we felt was most successful in meeting the challenge success criteria. Congratulations to Libby, Harry and Eva who were the winning group with their Islam presentation🎉✨ Eva was absent on the day of the presentation but contributed lots of excellent work beforehand. Libby and Harry both did a fantastic job presenting. Well done to all of the groups ⭐️

P7 Rugby 🏉

P7 participated in three rugby sessions provided by Cumnock Rugby Club. The class all enjoyed these sessions and worked hard to develop their skills. Cumnock Rugby Club praised the class for fantastic effort and behaviour throughout ⭐️ here are some comments from the class:

‘I had fun and it helped my defending skills’ (Callum)

’I loved it and improved my passing and teamwork’ (Eva)

’I liked how the games got harder each week’ (Lucas)

’I really enjoyed it and improved my passing’ (Lily)

’I liked being able to intercept the ball’ (Ruari)

’It was really good’ (Ewan)

‘It was really fun, I got better at passing and enjoyed the 5-ball challenge’ (Tilly)

MacMillan Coffee Morning 💜

Primary 7 would love to invite everyone to attend our MacMillan Coffee Morning which will be held in the school on Wednesday 20th September 10am-11am. We will be working hard to raise money for an important charity, so please come along if you can to enjoy tea, coffee and cakes 🍰 🧁☕️🫖

We will also be supporting the MacMillan Coffee morning in the Hub the following week, on Friday 29th September, 10am-11am 💜

We look forward to seeing you at one or both of these mornings if you can make it 😊 Thank you for your support.

Primary 7 💜

September Sunshine☀️

Working with buddies😊

Primary 7 have enjoyed supporting our P1/2 buddies today. We used our leadership skills to help them practise their letter formation in the playground using chalk. P7 love working with their buddies and always show kindness, patience and lots of enthusiasm 😊🌟

Football⚽

We enjoyed playing football outside for our PE lesson today (with plenty of water breaks!💧☀️), focusing on dribbling and passing. In our mini games the class were praised for fantastic sportsmanship, as all players demonstrated kindness, respect and encouragement towards others 🌟⚽

Have a lovely weekend everyone 😊

Mrs Rooney😊