Homework W.B 13th June

Hello Boys and Girls. I hope you all had a wonderful sunny weekend. Long may the sunshine continue!

Spelling

Yellow/Green

Copy your words another 2 times. Complete a phoneme story using all of your words. Your phoneme story must have a horror/spooky theme.

Blue/Parrots

Copy your words another 2 times. Complete 6 sentences using a different word each time.  Are you able to use the connectives and, but & because?

Reading

Toucans- Page 26-40

Sloths- Page 13-23

Chimps- Page 17-28

This week we are focussing on time. On Sumdog I would like you to practise and apply your time skills by completing the task called ‘Time Practice’

Talk to Me Homework

Over the next few weeks in class we are going to be reflecting on our year in P4/5. I would like you to spend some time chatting about this at home. Answer the following questions with somebody at home:

What has been your highlight of P4/5?

What has been the most difficult part?

When did you feel most proud of yourself?

What has been your biggest achievement this year?

What will you miss most about P4/5?

Homework W.B 23.05.22

Hello Boys and Girls.  Below are your homework activities for this week.  Remember to hand your homework in on Thursday.

Reading

Chimps- Kura’s Story Pg 16-24

Sloths- The Malice Family Pg 12-22

Toucans- Pg 14-25

Parrots- Slick Tricks!

Spelling 

Blue Group-  Write your words 2 more times. Try doing your third time without looking! Create 6 sentences using a different spelling word each time. In each sentence include the connectives and, but or because.

Yellow Group- Write your words 2 more times. Try doing your third time without looking! Create 6 sentences using a different word each time.  Are you able to make any of your sentences questions?

1. Is your cup and saucer on the table?

Green Group- Write your words 2 more times. Try doing your third time without looking! Create 6 sentences using a different word each time. Try and use a different piece of punctuation in each sentence.

I have set you a Fractions homework challenge on Sumdog. I can’t wait to see how you all get on!

Homework W.B 9th May

Reading Homework

Likety Kwick and the Mixed up Fix- Chapter 4

Giggles- Chapter 5

How to Be a Popstar- Pg 25-32

100 Ways to Beat Boredom- Pg 25-32

Spelling Homework

Each group will copy words another 2 times.  Choose 3 activities from your spelling menu (which you will find inside your homework pack). Remember to write the title of the activity that you have chose.

Numeracy Homework 

This week you are going to take part in a Sumdog competition which will focus on your times tables. Remember to aim for the most correct answers as this will help you move up the leader board. Good luck!

Homework W.B 25th April

Hello boys and girls,

I can’t believe we are already in our last week in April. Time certainly flies by when you’re having fun!

Reading Homework

Likety Kwick and the Mixed up Fix- Chapters 2 and 3

Giggles- Chapters 1 and 2

How to Be a Popstar- Pg 14-20

100 Ways to Beat Boredom- Pg 14-20

Spelling Homework

Numeracy Homework 

Homework W.B 21st March

Solo Talk Presentation

This week for homework you are going to prepare a talk. This talk will be all about your cabin that you have created and will be presented from Wednesday 30th March. Your talk should last approximately 2 minutes and should answer the following questions:

Which type of cabin have you created?

What do you know about your chosen class?

Why did you choose that particular class?

What things make your cabin a 1st, 2nd or 3rd class cabin?

What materials did you use to make your cabin?

What was your most favourite part to build?

Would you like to stay in this cabin?

You can use whatever you need to describe your chosen topic: photographs, videos, props etc. Try to think about why you picked this topic to talk about. Remember some people in class may know nothing about the topic you have chosen to discuss, so you must explain it in detail.

Homework W.B 7th March

Spelling

Parrots- Copy your words another 2 times. Complete 6 sentences using a different spelling word each time. Try using your connectives and or but.

Blue- Copy your words another 2 times. Complete 6 sentences using a different spelling word each time. Try and use different types of punctuation (, ! . ? …)

Green- Copy your words another 2 times. Complete a phoneme story underlining all your phoneme words. Highlight any nouns you have used.

Reading

Chimps: An Awfully Beastly Business: Saving a Sea Monster (Chapter 4)

Sloths: Pizza at the Double (Chapters 3, 4 and 5)

Toucans: Tick Tock Unfix the Clock (Chapter 3 and 4) & Mae in the Middle: Music Master (Chapter 3 and 4e)

Parrots: Pippa’s Pets: Scaredy Cat

Remember to practise reading aloud every night. This will help you develop your pace, tone and fluency.

Complete the Times Table Challenge on Sumdog. This challenge is focussing on all the times tables that we should know so far. Pick 1 activity from the times table menu to complete in your jotter. I can’t wait to see how you all get on!

I.D.L Homework

This term we have been studying the Titanic as part of our I.D.L topic in class. We have done lots of research so far and found out lots of new and interesting facts. For the next few weeks, as part of your homework, I would like you to make a 1st, 2nd or 3rd class cabin to show your understanding of class difference and what each cabin may have looked like on the Titanic. I have given the idea of creating your cabin inside of a shoe box. It would be great to use recycled materials which you could adapt to fit inside your cabins theme. Remember these rooms should be decorated from the 1912’s and should fit in with the décor of that time. If you need any help, materials or have any questions, please ask me! These should be brought to school on Monday 21st March. Try and be as creative and realistic as you can be. I can’t wait to see your creations! Good luck!

Homework W.B 28th February

P4/5 Homework Week Beginning 28th February

Important Note: I would be very grateful if you had any spare shoe boxes lying around. We will be starting a homework project soon and it would be great if we all managed to have a shoe box. If you do, could you send these into school. Thank you 😊

Spelling

Blue- Copy your words another 2 times. Complete 6 sentences using a different spelling word each time. Try using your connectives and, but, therefore and because.

Green- Copy your words another 2 times. Complete a phoneme story underlining all your phoneme words. With a coloured pen or pencil circle any pronouns that you use.

Yellow- Copy your words another 2 times. Complete a phoneme story underlining all your phoneme words. With a coloured pen or pencil circle any pronouns that you use.

Reading

Chimps: An Awfully Beastly Business: Saving a Sea Monster (Chapter 3)

Sloths: New Book

Toucans: Tick Tock Unfix the Clock (Chapter 1 and 2) & Mae in the Middle: Music Master (Chapter 1 and 2)

Parrots: Bug Boy:  Spider Camp

Complete the Sumdog challenge called ‘Homework Numeracy Challenge’. I can’t wait to see how you all get on!

Talk to Me Homework

This week I would like you to talk to somebody at home about their most favourite childhood memory. Remember to ask them appropriate questions relating to the topic and give them the aspects of a quality audience whilst they are speaking. Make some notes about this inside of your homework jotter.

Homework W.B Monday 21st February

Happy Monday my lovely people. This week is super exciting for us! We have our first school trip in over 2 years and our Burns afternoon!

Spelling

Reading

Chimps: An Awfully Beastly Business: Saving a Sea Monster (Chapter 2)

Sloths: Double Trouble (Chapter 6,7 & 8)

Parrots: Bug Boy:  Spider Camp

Calculators 1: Complete the sheet inside of your homework pack. Pick one activity from the times table menu to complete.

Calculators 2: Complete the 6 sums in your numeracy homework jotter. Remember to lay these out correctly and use a ruler. Pick one activity from the times table menu to complete.

Rulers: Complete the 8 sums in your numeracy homework jotter. Remember to lay these out correctly and use a ruler. Pick one activity from the times table menu to complete.

IDL

Primary 4- Continue to practise your poem ‘My Hoggie’ by Robert Burns in preparation for our Scottish Afternoon on Thursday.

Primary 5- Continue to practise your poem ‘Willie Wastle’ by Robert Burns in preparation for our Scottish Afternoon on Thursday.

Homework W.B Monday 7th February

P4/5 Homework Week Beginning 7th February

Please find your weekly homework tasks below. If you have any problems or questions, let me know. Homework is due on Thursday.

Spelling

Blue- Copy your words another 2 times. Choose 3 activities from the spelling menu to complete. This would ideally be an activity every night. Remember to write the name of the activity that you are completing.

Green- Copy your words another 2 times. Choose 3 activities from the spelling menu to complete. This would ideally be an activity every night. Remember to write the name of the activity that you are completing.

Yellow- Copy your words another 2 times. Choose 3 activities from the spelling menu to complete. This would ideally be an activity every night. Remember to write the name of the activity that you are completing.

Reading

Chimps: An Awfully Beastly Business: Saving a Sea Monster (Chapter 1)

Sloths: Double Trouble (Chapter 3 and 4)

Toucans: Tick Tock Unfix the Clock (Chapter 5) & Mae in the Middle: Music Master (Chapter 5)

Parrots: Zip and Zap at the Zoo

Calculators: Complete the 6 sums in your numeracy homework jotter. Remember to lay these out correctly and use a ruler. Pick one activity from the times table menu to complete.

IDL

Primary 4- Continue to practise your poem ‘My Hoggie’ by Robert Burns. There will be a whole school competition which will be held after the February weekend. I would encourage you to practise your poem aloud every night. Remember I am available at play time to listen to you practising.

Primary 5- Continue to practise your poem ‘Willie Wastle’ by Robert Burns. There will be a whole school competition which will be held after the February weekend. I would encourage you to practise your poem aloud every night. Remember I am available at play time to listen to you practising.

Homework W.B Monday 17th January

Hello Primary 4/5. Happy Monday! I don’t know about you but I am feeling very cold recently. I am definitely  getting use out of my hat and scarf!

Chimps: The Mystery of the Poisoned Pudding (Chapters 3 and 4)

Sloths: Moya, the Luck Child (Chapters 3 and 1)

Toucans: The Very Smelly Dragon (Chapters 3)

Parrots: Animal Crackers

(Remember to practise your reading every night. Reading aloud is very important in order for us to develop our tone, fluency and expression)

Spelling:

Blue- Copy your words 1 more time. Write 6 sentences using either (! ? or .) at the end of each sentence.

Yellow- Use a dictionary to find out the meaning of your spelling words. Complete this for all 8 of your words. If you do not have a dictionary at home, I recommend this website : https://kids.britannica.com/kids/browse/dictionary

Green-

Use a dictionary to find out the meaning of your spelling words. Complete this for all 8 of your words. If you do not have a dictionary at home, I recommend this website : https://kids.britannica.com/kids/browse/dictionary

Numeracy:

Calculators LI: To multiply numbers by 10 and 100.  Complete the sheet given to you inside your numeracy packs. Remember the rule!

Rulers LI: To multiply single digit numbers by double digit numbers. Complete the worksheet given to you inside of your homework packs. Lay these sums out inside of your numeracy homework jotter. Remember to write the date and title and to lay your sums out correctly.

IDL:

Write 6 sentences of local or national news inside of your homework jotter. Remember you can watch Newsround at home and summarise the points in your jotter.

Remember homework is due on Thursday. 

East Ayrshire site