Hurlford Primary School and Early Childhood Centre

An East Ayrshire Council School

P1L and Mrs Cuthbertson

Good morning,

We had a very busy week. In literacy we were learning all about the phonic ‘c’ and how to to make and break words before blending them together. We are really good at this. We have been investigating time, clocks and our daily routine. We can now tell the time of ‘o’clock’ on both digital and analogue clocks. In the afternoons we read the books ‘The Scarecrows Hat’ and the ‘Scare-go’. We made our own scarecrows which look fantastic in our classroom. At gym time we have been learning Basketball skills and played games of Basketball in teams. We had such a lot of fun.

I really enjoyed talking to the Mums and Dads during our telephone appointments. I am sure you are as proud of the children as I am.

Next week we will be focusing on Number Sense, the phonic ‘k’ and ‘ck’. In the afternoons we will be investigating Autumn and the changes around us.

Mrs Cuthbertson x