Hurlford Primary School and Early Childhood Centre

An East Ayrshire Council School

Primary 1L and Mrs Cuthbertson

Good Afternoon,

We have been so busy in Primary 1 and are looking forward to our well deserved long weekend! Our topics have been Elmer, My School My Class and Rainbow fish. We have enjoyed the stories and have created some fabulous art work for our room. When we come back we will read the  book Commotion in the Ocean and find out about the wonderful creatures living in our Oceans.

Literacy – We have been finding out all about Biff, Chip and Kipper and their family. We can make sentences about the family and can use the word and. We enjoy our phonics songs and have focused on’ s a t p’. When we come back we will be looking at ‘i and n’. Each child has a phonics card in their homework pack with some ideas of the games you can use to help at home.  There is also a ‘common words’ card which will help consolidate our classroom learning. Our reading books are changed regularly. Please remember to send your child’s homework pack with the book in it every day.

We have been exploring the order of numbers to 10, odd and even, repeat patterns, bar graph, sorting and shape. We are working so hard and can accurately complete activities.

Loose Parts Play

We love this! Ask me all about the stories I make.

We have settled so well and have made lots of new friends. You should be really proud of how well each of your children are doing in Primary 1. We have lots of fun and they really make me smile! I hope you all have a lovely long weekend and look forward to hearing all about the things you have been up to.

Hugs from

Mrs Cuthbertson xx