Hurlford Primary School and Early Childhood Centre

An East Ayrshire Council School

P2B – Week beginning 30th November

Hello Primary 2B,

I cannot believe we are in December now already! The last couple of months have flown by. Thank you to all of the parents for participating in parents night, it was lovely to speak to you all. If you have any concerns or questions please feel free to contact me.

On Monday we wore tartan to celebrate St Andrews Day and looked absolutely smashing. We learned who St Andrew was, read his story and looked up where St Andrews is on Google Earth too. We had fun using Google Earth to explore Scotland and the United Kingdom and even found Hurlford Primary School. We really enjoyed this and as it is the week that the farms are due and I know you will be very busy so the home learning task this week is to go on Google Earth and look up different places. You could look up Spain, France, America etc or specific towns and cities like Glasgow, Edinburgh, Paris etc. Just type Google Earth into google search and it should come up or use this link – https://earth.google.com/web/

Here are some pictures from St Andrew’s day with our finished cards.

Spelling

As always, please practice spelling words, the phoneme this week is “ai.” Common words are tricky and some cannot by spelled phonologically and just need to be learnt so please practice.

Red – brain  train  stair  chair  paint

like  made  make

Green – rain  sail  hair  chair

went  like  made  make

Blue – pig  gap  dog  got  get

was  went  his

Feel free to use the activities on the grid below for spelling activities.

Thank you to everyone who managed on to Education City. I said in the post last week that I couldn’t give out Education City passwords but I have since found out that we can, it is just Glow that we cannot give out. I’m sure most people know the users and passwords and the class were able to tell me them but I will send them home this week just to be safe. Nothing on Education City this week but last weeks tasks are still up for anyone that did not manage them.

Have a fantastic week,

Miss Baillie 🙂