Hurlford Primary School and Early Childhood Centre

An East Ayrshire Council School

P2B – Week beginning 16th November

Hello Primary 2B,

We have had an excellent start to our week today. We all worked very hard on our maths, spelling and reading work. We also revised our knowledge on farms and I was very impressed that we could remember the names of some of the farm equipment farmers use to help them. We were able to name and describe a combine harvester, plough, tractor, seed drill, baler and water sprinkler machines. We are now looking at the different types of farms (arable and livestock) and what they do.

Family learning task – We are going to discuss this week what farms might look like. Do they have different sections for different animals or vegetables. Do they have grass? Mud? A barn? A chicken coop? A pond? As a challenge, over the next couple of weeks I am going to ask, if possible, if families could work together to create their own farm. I’m sure P2B will have lots of ideas on what their farm could look like and able to map it out. This task won’t be due for a few weeks to give you plenty of time. Give your farm a name and use any resources you want to create your farm. If you need any resources please feel free to ask and I’ll see what I can do. This task can be as simple as drawing your farm on paper if you wish. I have attached some examples below. Just for inspiration.

As I said it can be a drawing of the farm. Below I have a attached a document that can be used to create your farm if you wish (just ignore the answer sheet, I couldn’t save it without it).

t-tp-2549599-cut-and-stick-farm-activity_ver_1

This won’t be due until 4th of December (2 weeks on Friday) so take your time and enjoy! I cannot wait to see the different creations. Good luck!

Ask us to tell you some some words with the “oo” phoneme.  Below are the phoneme words for each group and their common words to practice.

RED – broom  mood  shook  stool  spoon

had  see  has

GREEN – mood  fool  look  spoon

had  see  has  my

BLUE – hen  pen  jet  red  get

if  for  on

Choose an activity from the grid to complete at home to practice your words. Feel free to do more than one.

Just a reminder that the parents night phone call times have went into the children’s bags today. Have a lovely week everybody,

Miss Baillie