Red Nose Day – Friday 19th March – Funny is Power!

Red Nose Day is back on Friday 19 March!

From Wonder Woman and Superman to Air-Guitar-Girl and Bakes-Brilliant-Cakes-Boy, choose or create a superhero costume to wear or have a Dress Down Day and make a small donation (£1 suggested) via ParentPay.

Each class will take part in a Superhero Superpower School Parade in the playground during the day.

Get involved as a family! Print off the ‘Share a Smile’ poster. Write down your favourite joke and pop it in your window for all to see.

RND21_Share_A_Smile_Poster

Take a photo and tag @comicrelief on your social media
#rednoseday

P4-7 Weekly Challenge – Week 1

Each week P4-7 will be issued a challenge or task to undertake during the rest of the remote learning period.

This week Mr Simpson has set the ‘Jump Rope’ challenge. If you don’t have a skipping rope an old washing line or piece of rope will do – use your initiative.

Your challenge is to skip for the longest period of time without stopping. It must be one jump – one turn of the rope. Watch Mr Simpson’s video for a demonstration and further information:

https://watchkin.com/065f94b6e5

Send your video and time to Mr Simpson by 3pm on Friday 26th February to:

alan.simpson@eastayrshire.org.uk

Hello Primary 2!

Hello Primary 2. It’s been a very long time since I have seen you all. I am really missing you! The school is very quiet without you. We have had lots of boys and girls from Pr2 in the hub but it’s not the same without all of you! Your teachers have been telling me that you are working well with your mums and dads at home. I bet they are learning new things too! It is lovely to see how well you are doing. I get to look through your work and see if you have been online and how much work you are uploading for the teachers. Some of you are keeping up your high standards of work and effort.
I just wanted to let you know that we are waiting to see what the First Minister says on Tuesday before we can make plans for anyone to come back to school. I know this second lockdown has been harder but I am so proud of you all for staying home, keeping safe and doing the best you can.
Monday is the February holiday and you are lucky to be off on Tuesday and Wednesday too. The teachers all have to be online working with me. I hope you all have a lovely break. Try and get as much time away from screens as possible and hopefully we will have good news soon. Take care! Mrs Johnstone xxx

Grange Campus, Beech Avenue, Kilmarnock, KA1 2EW