Newsletter – w/c 31.01.2022

Dear Families and Friends of Crossmichael and Gelston Primary Schools,

I hope this newsletter finds you well.  You may be aware that the number of positive cases of Covid-19 is increasing in our schools.  It would be really helpful if your child could complete regular lateral flow tests each morning to help us prevent the spread of the virus.

This week I will be teaching each day in Crossmichael.  Unfortunately, it is very difficult to secure supply staff as they are in high demand.  Much as I am looking forward to being in class, I do apologise for having had to cancel several meetings including Child’s Plan meetings.  I hope to reschedule these after the February mid-term holiday.

I am looking forward to accompanying the P6s and P7s to Lockerbie Manor from Monday 7th – Wednesday 9th February.   If you require any further information about the trip then please contact the school office.

Covid-19 Updates: 

1. Testing 
  • If you have no symptoms but record a positive lateral flow result then you do not need to have a PCR.  Immediately follow self-isolation rules and ensure you record test results online for contact tracing to commence. 
  • If you have symptoms, you should book a PCR test and follow self-isolation rules. 

1. Self-Isolation 
  • If you record a positive lateral flow test then you should isolate for 10 days.  You have the option to end isolation after 7 days if you have no fever and have recorded a negative lateral flow test on day six and no sooner than 24 hours later, on day seven. 
  • Close contacts (including household contacts) who are either under 18 years 4 months old, or who are older and are fully vaccinated (e.g. are double jabbed and have had one booster) need not self-isolate as long as they record negative lateral flow results on a daily basis for the next 7 days. 
  • For those close contacts over 18 years 4 months who are not fully vaccinated, they must isolate for 10 days and take a PCR test.  
  • People who tested positive before midnight on 5th January are still bound by the previously stated self-isolation and testing rules.  They must have a PCR and isolate for 10 days. 

Dates

7th – 9th February 2022: P6 and P7 pupils from each school will be visiting Lockerbie Manor for a residential trip.  Miss Cruickshanks, Miss Reid and a parent will accompany the children.

Monday 14th – Wednesday 16th February:  School is closed to pupils and re-opens on Thursday 17th February.  (The Tuesday and Wednesday are staff training days.)

Monday 4th April until Monday 18th April:  Spring Holiday.  School re-opens on Tuesday 19th April 2022.

Best wishes,

Mary Cruickshanks

Headteacher