13.01.2021 – Update on Access to Emergency Childcare at School Hubs 

Dear Parents/ Carers,
You will be aware that the number of Covid-19 cases in Dumfries and Galloway is increasing rapidly and our NHS is struggling to cope.  For this reason, we are trying to keep numbers low in our school childcare hubs.  Our hubs are available for children whose parents are both key workers and cannot work from home and for vulnerable children.
Parents who requested places at our school hubs did so by applying via an online form on the Council website by 30th December.  It was my understanding that parents would be able to reapply in the same way for places from 18th January onwards but this is no longer the case.
Several parents have contacted me via email asking for a place from 18th January.  I have passed on your details to the Directorate Support Mailbox.
Parents of pupils currently attending the hubs and also parents who contacted me directly to request a place from 18th January should have received an email including a letter from the Director of Education, Gillian Brydson.

IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED AN EMAIL CONTAINING A LETTER FROM GILLIAN BRYDSON TODAY THEN PLEASE CONTACT DirectorateSupport@dumgal.gov.uk 
I would appreciate it if you could also copy me into the email so that I am aware of your need for a place.  My email address is gw08scottmary01@ea.dumgal.sch.uk
Best wishes,
Mary Lidstone-Scott
Headteacher