Newsletter – w/c 28th March 2022

Dear Families and Friends of Crossmichael and Gelston Primary Schools,

Covid-19 Updates

On Thursday and Friday last week, we had to close Gelston Primary School and move to remote learning due to staff shortages.  Several adults and pupils tested positive for Covid-19.  (Unfortunately, I also tested positive meaning that we had no member of senior management available to work alongside supply teachers so we had no option but to close.)

I am delighted to say that we have re-opened this morning.  I wish all adults and pupils a speedy recovery and I look forward to seeing you soon.

At Crossmichael Primary School, Chicken Pox is doing the rounds again but the number of Covid-19 cases remains relatively low in comparison to those at Gelston.

Dates for your Diary

Wednesday 30th March – Cross Country Festival for P5-7 pupils (both schools)

Thursday 31st March – Crossmichael Easter Assembly for pupils

Friday 1st April – Gelston Easter Assembly for pupils

Monday 4th April – Monday 18th April – Spring Holiday.  (Pupils and staff return on Tuesday 19th April.)

Contact Information

For general queries, please contact the school office email or telephone number below.

If you have a question relating to your child’s learning or general health and wellbeing then please contact your child’s teacher via email or via the school office.

If you wish to discuss any matter with me then the best way to contact me is via email: gw08cruickshanksmary@ea.dumgal.sch.uk .

My mobile phone number is: 07741 686730.   I will be working from home for the next few days.

Have a restful Spring Holiday and I look forward to seeing everyone soon.

Best wishes,

Mary Cruickshanks

Headteacher