Newsletter – Monday 31st August 2020

Dear Family and Friends of Crossmichael Primary School,

We have had an exciting week with the Portakabin arriving on site.  We hope that it will be fully operational by the start of next week.  Here are some photographs as pupils watched it being lifted over the school building last week.

House Captains and Vice-Captains

Our P6 and P7 children are preparing speeches to tell pupils in their House why they would be good leaders.  Pupils will vote for their preferred candidates and a P7 will be chosen as a House Captain with the Vice-Captain post being open to P6 and P7 children.  Good luck to them all!  We will let you know the results next week.

Staffing

I am delighted to let you know that Mrs Emma Cowan will be working with us for an additional three days every week from now until the Christmas holidays.  Her role is to support children who are experiencing barriers to their learning for a variety of reasons.  We are using the remainder of our Pupil Equity Funding to finance this.

I am also delighted to welcome Miss Sarah White as our Clerical Assistant who will be covering Miss Campbell’s Maternity position.  Office hours are as follows:

Monday: 8am-10am = Mrs Benson and 10am-4pm = Miss White

Tuesday:  No Clerical in Crossmichael so you will be transferred to Miss McNeill or Mrs Benson in Gelston school office.

Wednesday: 8am-11am = Mrs Benson and 10am-4pm = Miss White

Thursday: 8am-10am = Mrs Benson and 10am-4pm = Miss White

Friday: No Clerical in Crossmichael so you will be transferred to Miss McNeill or Mrs Benson in Gelston school office.

School Meals Menu

Here is a copy of the school meals menu for your information.

0409-19 Primary School meal leaflet end of 2020

Information About the Loch Ken Trust

Loch Ken Trust ad July 2020

Updates on Covid-19

I will continue to keep you updated on the latest advice about Covid-19 arrangements.  Please see the letter received today from Professor Jason Leitch, National Clinical Director, Scottish Government:

Coronavirus – Jason Leitch Letter on testing and common colds – 31 August 2020

If I need to add any information to the blog then I will notify you by Group call text first.  Thank you for your patience and support.

Best wishes,

Mary E Lidstone-Scott

Headteacher