Music festival trophy winners!

Primary 5, 6 and 7 recently travelled to Newton Stewart cinema to take part in the Galloway Music Festival.  They were competing in the Galloway Music Festival, and every single pupil in the class was both singing and playing a musical instrument.  After the adjudicator had fed back to all of the schools, Leswalt Primary was delighted as they were announced as winners.

As well as the whole class competing several individuals were participating in the piano and cornet classes.

National Cycling winners!

Leswalt Primary has cycled once again to National success.  This week it was announced that we have won the “Big Pedal” competition for the whole of Scotland!  The school was also runner up in the whole of the UK, small schools category.  This is the 4th year in which the school has been in the awards for this initiative.

At Leswalt Primary we are delighted to achieve success in this National competition.  The success of Leswalt Primary was due to the real community effort – from pre school toddlers arriving on trikes to parents cycling over 5 miles to school with their children.  It was a real wee team effort. As headteacher I did not have far to cycle to work, so I really appreciate the effort put in by all of my pupils and parents!  I am so proud of them all.