4 thoughts on “Primary 2 – circles numeracy games”

1. Good afternoon Miss Taylor

Hope you are well, Miren is missing all her class mates, yourself and all the teachers but is still trying to keep up with her school work at home.

We have been working a lot with numeracy ( adding, subtracting & times tables 2,5 & 10 – and we have started 3 x table) in various different formats to keep her engaging.

Can you give me some ideas for Miren with regards what books to focus on (Had a look on Oxford Owl) but struggling to pick out a book for Miren? I am not much of a reader myself & don’t want to just pick any book, cautious not to discourage her, I would prefer to pick something which relates to her current level of reading and not picking out something that is maybe beyond her.

Thanks in advance.

1. Hallo Miren, missing you too! It was lovely to receive this message.
      It’s great to hear that you have been working hard at home- well done!
      Dad was asking for the right level of books in Oxford Owl –
      Roughly speaking the age 5-6 books are probably suited for our pink group, whilst the 6-7 books would probably suit your yellow group. The grey group might like the next group up.

Each book can be read by you, simply press turn to turn the page. There is a read aloud option too, if you want help or fancy listening to a story. Each book also has 2 activities for you to enjoy.

Have fun, happy reading!!
      Will put lots more ideas on blog next week as I am not working in the hub.
      Keep smiling!
      Mrs Taylor

2. Hello mrs Taylor I hope you are keeping well, Jessica has been missing you and all her friends very much! Jessica has been trying very hard with her work. She has been busy doing lots of different kinds of art and learning to sew, this is one of the things she has made (she wanted to share with you) she has been posting hand made cards out to family and even handed boxes of cakes into the nursing home to try and make the old folk smile. Hope you keep safe and hopefully see you again soon.

1. It is so lovely to hear from you Jessica. and all the lovely things you have been doing. What a great idea – to learn to sew. I don’t seem to have got the picture, but I am sure you have done really well, as I know how much you love to make things. Mrs Taylor has been knitting- something I haven’t done for a long time, making a toy for my grandchildren. I am sure the people who received those cards and cakes enjoyed them very much. I know that the postie bringing something brings a smile to many people’s day- what a kind thing to do! Well done!