Literacy- Our ABC & Beyond Story

Good morning,

I hope you have all had a lovely weekend.  Here is a link for our new story Hooray for Fish, written by Lucy Cousins.  This book is a great short book.

Jenny has kindly read the story and recorded herself to share with you all.  Our ‘sparkle word’ to focus on is twist (twisty) see how you can use this word at home during your day.  With the first read we talk about the front cover, what the book could be about? We also read the blurb at the back.  Once you have listened to the recording, as your child what they thought of the book, talk about the different patterns you both saw and see if you can design your very own fish.  (Send us in pictures to my email) nmelville873@dundeeschools.scot

Story Link-

Today can you also explore various writing utensils, crayons, pencils, pens, sticks with mud, use utensils in the kitchen with paints anything you can get your hands on in the house, and create a picture with your child.  (If you find you need some writing utensils  get in touch)

Children who want to have a go- If you could write the first letter of your child’s name down/or get your child to have a go, grab a bag or a tub and have a scavenger hunt around the house for items that begin with your child’s letter.

Please contact me if you need anything or any support.

Keep well and stay safe.

Natalie.