Parent/Carer Letter

Appended a short info letter which went out today in schoolbags. Please read:

Dear Parent / Carer,
A couple of items for your attention:
1. School Meals
You may be aware that meals for the Campus are being prepared (by our Kitchen staff) offsite at present and brought in. This is because of an ongoing fault with the water pumping system which is making it impossible to get enough hot water in the kitchen for food preparation. This fault is being urgently investigated and, hopefully, remedied. Please be reassured that this is not a hygiene issue in the rest of the school – the tap water is warm enough for effective hand washing.
2. Dogs
As you know, dogs are not permitted in the school playgrounds, even on a lead, because many children are scared of dogs. Unfortunately, this rule has led to a few dogs being left tied up beside the school gates, especially at the Charleston Road gate, and this has led to some children being barked at and scared. Please do not bring dogs anywhere near the school when collecting your child. I appreciate that this can be difficult for some, but I must ask you to respect the safety and rights of all of our children. Thank you in advance – it’s important to keep our Campus a safe and happy place.
As always, please contact me if you have any questions about this or any other issues.
Yours sincerely,
A. Macgregor
Head Teacher