Money, Money, Money!

P1/2 have been working with money this week in maths.   We have been identifying all of the coins, counting money, creating amounts using different combinations of coins and giving change, P1 pupils from 10p and P2 pupils from 20p.  The P2 pupils have also been very busy working with word problems.  We read the problem, work out whether it is an adding or subtracting sum, write the sum and then work out the answer.  Oh, it’s hard work in here!  After all this practice this week, we hope that we will be able to open our Fruit shop next week and run it successfully, adding up shopping and giving change correctly…

This week we created our new cooperative learning teams.  We have got the Juicy Tomatoes, Lemony Squash, Healthy Apples, The Fruit Bowls and The Super Duper Pears.  Great names that fit in very well to our Healthy Living Theme.   The groups have created a new member for their teams and they have all  managed to label their new members body parts successfully.  Take a look below…

We can’t wait to make our skeleton pictures next week!

2 thoughts on “Money, Money, Money!”

1. Hard work in P1/2 but you always seem to be having such fun! Could it be that you all really enjoy your learning? I think so. Well done!

2. Bonjour P1/2! I thought that I’d start in French since you all were such good hosts to our visitor from France last week, thank you all.
    I hope that you enjoyed the long weekend and got outside and had some active fun.