Our Maximec Car Designs and Science Experiment

This week we had a bit of a science investigation/experiment going on in our class.  We have been learning about FRICTION  and we now know that Friction is a force that slows you down.  We wanted to carry out an experiment to find out how friction would affect the speed of a car going down a ramp on different surfaces?

It was a lot of fun doing the experiment and measuring the distance the car had travelled using pens.  When we looked at our results, we discovered that the car went faster down the smooth surfaces because there was less friction to slow it down and that it went slower down the bumpy surfaces because there was more friction.  Before we did the experiment we tried to guess what would happen, only a few of us were right with our predictions.  It was fun finding out!!

5 thoughts on “Our Maximec Car Designs and Science Experiment”

1. This certainly looks like lots of fun! What a great way to develop your prediction skills and find out about friction. 🙂

2. Really good to see so much fun and learning going on. It is important that you all work together in your teams and you obviously did because your vehicles were great.

3. Primary 1/2 your car designs look fantastic. So bright and colourful and you all did such a good job. You must have had such good fun making them. I just love the artwork in your classroom, you are all so enthusiastic and look like you are really enjoying your topic. Well done x

4. You are all being mega busy from what I see and hear P1/2 and everyoneis so impressed with your Zooburst books (especially me because I don’t know how to make them)

5. Wasn’t the Open Evening soooooo busy? The Mario races were going really fast when I looked in! Keeley’s mum thought that I should have a turn but I am just too hopeless P1/2! Mr Wieczorek and Jonathon just shook their heads at me!