What Eco-Schools means to us!

Eco-Schools Scotland are celebrating 20 years of Eco-Schools this year. As a school who have had Green Flag status since 2002, our pupils were asked to contribute a photo and quote to make a celebratory bunting!

Our winning quote was from S4 pupil Alexander Fraser: ‘Caring for the only planet that cares for us’ – but we wanted to share some others too! So this is what Eco-Schools means to us…

‘Doing our best not to harm the environment’

‘An Eco School should be able to take meaningful action against littering, the wasteful use of energy and disregard for the local environment and should be encouraging towards environmentally friendly pupils and people in the community’

‘Being an Eco School means that as a youth, I have the opportunity to actively participate in improving the environment through my school’

‘It means working together to fight global warming!’

‘To me an Eco School means working hard, commitment, creativity, dedication, team work and PRIDE!’

‘Being an Eco School means to me that all pupils and staff should do their part in order to make the school and community eco-friendly’

‘That we have a cleaner, safer, healthier environment’

‘For me, being an Eco School meand being given the chance to help change the local environment for the better’

Here’s to another 20 years!