RSPB Wild Art Activity – Mild/Spicy and Hot

Hopefully you have spotted the RSPB activity on the grid by now. If not here is my effort to inspire you to enter. The great news for this activity is that anything goes!! There are two options in more detail below but both have the same idea to “Create a piece of art inspired by nature.” There are 3 age categories –  under 8s, 8-12, and 13 years and over.

See the link for the fine detail on entering here – https://bit.ly/2ziDH4a

If you want to create and not enter that is perfectly fine too, remember to share with your teacher any work and please ask a parent for help to enter the competition as teachers are not able to do this for you. Remember to  always check it is safe to use items around the house before you start.

Option 1 – ‘REAL LIFE’ – entries using the more traditional approach of paints, pastels, acrylics, pens or pencil.

Here is my effort inspired by some wild flowers we collected during our daily walks. For this activity I used some watercolours which take a little getting used to and some thicker paper than normal as the water can make the page soggy.

Our wild flowers collected on our walks and from our garden. We have a small flower press but this can be done using newspaper and some heavy books.

My effort of drawing some flowers, we used the time lapse function to speed it up.

The painting part, this will be revisited to blend colours and layer. It takes a little effort to get this right so maybe try on scrap paper first.

Option 2 – ‘GO WILD’  for those of you who want to ‘go wild’. To enter this category you can use non traditional items and experiment with textiles, sculpture, recycled materials or a combination of more than one to add to a collage.

Here is a wonderful collage from Finlay in P3, he shared this with me to inspire others to enter too.

Fantastic detail and different textures used.

Or for those of you that like to junk model here is another idea from another P3 (my youngest daughter) using recycled items and then painted.

I look forward to seeing some ‘Wild Art’ – good luck all.

3 thoughts on “RSPB Wild Art Activity – Mild/Spicy and Hot”

1. I saw this on the RSPB earlier on in the week.
    I think it is a fab idea. I look forward to seeing lots of entries, as I know our children a very artistic.

I love colouring, but I’m not very good at drawing. The junk giraffe is my favourite.

1. It’s a shame there is no adult category Mrs Webster.
      The Giraffe is called Gloria – She is friends with Harold from the ALEC caravan.

1. Maybe we could do an adult category in school, What do you think Mrs Flockton?
        Fabulous name for a giraffe. I might be a bit jealous now Harold has Gloria!