Welcome to Term 3 for Primary 4/5

Overview and Home Learning

We are again back to home learning and I hope the home learning packs given out to your child will help to support their learning alongside the work on google classrooms.  In literacy we will continue with reading, comprehension, imaginative writing and grammar.  In maths, the majority of the subjects were covered in the first two terms with the view of re-visiting them in more depth in terms 3 and 4.  Therefore the work set for your child will be familiar to them and we will look at each topic in more depth to consolidate their understanding.

Literacy:  In literacy we are continuing with our weekend news on Mondays, new weekly spelling words and related spelling activities.  For the next two weeks we will be finishing off the reading books given out ready for a new book(s) on Friday the 22nd January. This fortnight we continue with comprehension lessons and a comic book style story.  I will be adding recordings of our class novel next week for the children to listen to on google classrooms.  If anyone is struggling to access google classrooms please can you let me know and I can email a recording to you instead.

Maths:  In maths we will be looking in more detail at Number Processes.  The children have been given worksheets to complete and there are links on google classrooms to on-line maths games and relevant sections on BBC Bytesize.

Curricular Grid:  The children have been given a grid with various activities from across the curriculum to complete in the order of their choosing.  I will be adding more topic related activities for the grid in week 3 and 4.

General Note:  Please upload your children’s work to google classrooms if possible. Otherwise please email their work to me at yvonne.baddeley@aberdeenshire.gov.uk or you can hand-in the work on Friday 22nd January when you come to collect the new work pack.  If you have any queries or questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Many Thanks, Mrs. Baddeley