Black History Month

What do you know about Black History Month?

Why do you think it is important?

Article 2 (non-discrimination)

The Convention applies to every child without

discrimination, whatever their ethnicity, gender, religion,

language, abilities or any other status, whatever they

think or say, whatever their family background.

Article 12 (respect for the views of the child)

Every child has the right to express their views, feelings

and wishes in all matters affecting them, and to have their

views considered and taken seriously.

Article 29 (goals of education)

Education must develop every child’s personality, talents and

abilities to the full.

Article 30 (children from minority or indigenous groups)

Every child has the right to learn and use the language, customs

and religion of their family, whether or not these are shared by the majority of the people in the country where they live.

5 thoughts on “Black History Month”

1. I think Black history month is important because it reminds you that discrimintation is wrong and black people are just as important as white people and should have the same rights as everyone else. It is also a way of celebrating and remembering important people, such as Dr. Martin Luther King, and events, such as The Long Walk To Freedom. During The Long Walk To Freedom thousands of black people participated in a 50 mile walk from the cities Selma and Montgomery.

2. I think that Black History Month is a good thing because it’s about celebrating black people and I think that black peoples’ rights are important. I think its very important because they have been treated badly in the past. Sometimes people might not sit beside them or work with them in the 1960’s.

3. My opinion of racism is that it’s annoying and cruel. If I was there in America I would have told them to stop and be strong because it’s not nice to be separated if you had a black friend and you had to get separated from them how would you feel ? Hopefully this does not continue in the future. Dr Martin Luther king thought of an idea to go on a long march in America to help black people .

4. Black history month is important because it reminds me of the hard work that black Americans have done. In 1965 there was a walk called The Walk That Changed The World. The walk was 54 miles long they were almost at the bottom of the hill but they saw a bunch of police at the bottom with big face masks on but they kept walking.
    When they got to the bottom the police started fighting the people on the walk and some of the police were on horses the police that were on the horses started to charging at the walker.It reminds other people to not be racist and mean to other people with different skin colour.