Rock Challenge Success

I enjoyed Rock Challenge this year! It was my first time and it was the best day of my life! From the minute I woke up to the minute I fell asleep, I was ecstatic! It was like living in a dream running about and going mad in the AECC as I’m usually just going to see a show! All the schools were amazing this year and we had an amazing time meeting everyone! Getting third place has really made our teachers proud and our parents appreciate all the extra rehearsals and all the hard work that has gone into Rock Challenge this year. I definitely want to do Rock Challenge next year! It has been the best day of my life!

Indy Watson S2

It was my first time doing Rock Challenge. The atmosphere was just amazing; I couldn’t believe it when I was in the AECC with all the other schools. From the moment I woke up till the moment I fell asleep I was just buzzing with excitement. I knew I would be tired though. When it was our time to rehearse I was really nervous but when we were actually performing I was fine, I wasn’t nervous at all. It was the best day ever. When we were waiting for the results and getting the awards we were sitting right next to Mackie Academy and we were trying to be louder than them but I still think that they were louder but my voice was starting to hurt. When they announced 1st, 2nd and 3rd we were so happy because we came 3rd. I still have the chant in my head, I would definitely do it again next year, and I think this was the best day in my whole lifetime.

Georgia Sharp S2

Rock Challenge is probably the most unforgettable and incredible thing I have ever done in school. The build up to it was so exhilarating, we practiced every Tuesday and it was definitely the highlight of it! When the event came around, I was so excited.  I couldn’t wait to get on stage! In Rock challenge our theme was Alice in Wonderland, I was a Cheshire Cat. My face paint was amazing and my hair was crazy, nightmare to get out though! I knew quite a few people from other schools so it was great to see them. I also made a few new friends.  Everyone was so lovely and supportive. It was soon time to go on stage, I gave a 110% and made sure everything was bursting with energy and that I pointed my toes! When we came off the stage everyone was delighted with how it went! It was soon time to find out the results, we found a seat and we were screaming and chanting for Kemnay. In the end we got 10 awards and was placed 3rd. Everyone was over the moon, we couldn’t believe it! Rock Challenge was amazing, I had so much fun. It’s something I will definitely remember forever! Can’t wait to do it again next year (hopefully!)

Beth Elkin S2