Welcome to Newbigging Primary Parent Council
Our objectives are to represent the views of parents and to engage in, develop and support the education and welfare of the pupils.
Our role is to create a welcoming school that is inclusive for all and to promote relationships between the school, pupils, parents, carers and the wider community.
- To benefit the school with our ideas, skills and knowledge.
- To decide what actions to take within our remit.
- To come to decisions everyone is happy with.
These are the sort of things we get involved in:
- Fundraising at school events – raffles, fetes, bake sales.
- Steering the school vision for excellence.
- Point of contact for parents.
- Extra curricular activities.
These are the sort of things we have provided for the school:
- New playground equipment.
- Various trips and transportation.
- Workshops & Learning packages.
- Medals for sports day.
- Cases for musical instruments.
The AGM was held in the school on the 2nd of September 2019, and the following office bearing positions were filled:
Kathryn Foot – Chair
Lynsey Milne – Treasurer
The position of secretary continues to be vacant.
Details of the parent council activities will be published here over the course of the year, as well as the minutes from meetings.