Welcome Back and Well Done

Welcome back to school, you have completed one full week of school in the Home School learning style again and wow there have been so many great achievements.

For a start our engagement numbers are super high!! We are delighted with this and we hope that we can maintain this!

We have entered ALL classes into a Sumdog class challenge so we need you to play Sumdog games to try and help get our school to win the challenge. It is between all classes that entered from schools in Aberdeen! Go Abbotswell!

It is great to see the fantastic work being done across all of the classrooms. I will be posting some of this to Twitter and on here each day! Keep an eye out to see if it is yours!

Remember our Twitter handle is @abbotswell and the hashtags we like to use are #LearningtogrowGrowingtolearn #inthistogether

If there is anything you need help with, please contact the class teacher or email myself or Mrs Douglas or email/phone the school office; the school office s closed however the mobile number is on and available to take calls.

Mrs Tysom: CTysom@aberdeencity.gov.uk

Mrs Douglas: EmDouglas@aberdeencity.gov.uk

School Office mobile: 07812504170

Bitmoji Image

TV OPPORTUNITY FOR SCHOOL CHILDREN – ART SHOW CITV

Dot To Dot Productions are currently searching for boys and girls age 8-12 who are chatty, bubbling with personality and passionate about arts and crafts to take part in a brand new art series for CITV called “Makeaway Takeaway.” 

Throughout the series a selection of children will get the chance to create some amazing pieces of art with our presenter, comedian and artist extraordinaire, Bec Hill.

Filming is scheduled to take place in February 2021, however, depending on local COVID restrictions and half term dates, children and parents will either be invited to our filming location in Greater Manchester or filming will take place remotely via Skype.

A link to the official casting call on CITV website can be found here: https://www.itv.com/citv/articles/would-you-like-to-be-on-tv-makeaway-takeaway 

Parents can contact me directly via casting@dottodotproductions.com or call me on 07769510134 if they have any questions. If parents submit an audition video of their child they will be asked to sign a consent form which I will send to them directly – I’ve attached a copy incase you’d like to have a look.

All filming for this series will be completed using approved guidance, and the applicable COVID related Makeaway Takeaway Productions Policies and Protocols.

Any questions, please feel free to give me a call.

I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Claire – Researcher 

07769510134

0208 994 0663

@makeawaytakeaway

http://www.facebook.com/dottodotproductions  

Kincorth Academy Housing Development

Following the Kincorth Network Meeting on Tuesday, the group have requested we add the following information to our website.

The link to the ACC Website is below:

https://consultation.aberdeencity.gov.uk/resources/kincorth-consultation/ Public Consultation

ACC are hosting this online via the ACC Consultation Hub – Aberdeen City Council – Citizen Space

It should go live this week through to Friday 18/12/2020 at which point we can provide a additional link to the webpage.

We are holding a Public Event on Thursday 10/12/2020 6pm-8pm via Microsoft Teams to allow anyone to join in and listen to our proposals.

ACCKIN-ATK-XX-XX-PP-AR-00030-2-Virtual Public Event Presentation

ACCKIN-ATK-XX-XX-PP-AR-00030-3-Neighbour Notification Letter

Christmas Cinema and PJ Day 2020

Christmas Cinema day is one of my very favourite festive events of the Term 2 calendar. We choose a movie to watch and then watch it during the school day – what a treat!!!!

I wonder what each class will choose to watch this year?!!!!

This will take place on Wednesday the 16th of December! And what is even better is that we are asking everyone to come to school in their Pyjamas that day so we are all nice and cosy, ready to watch the Christmas movie! Just remember that we will be outside for playtime and lunchtime too so wear something  warm enough for doing that too!

We will have a small treat provided to have when watching the film too!!

The Little Lighthouse Trail for CLAN

Thank you all so much for designing your Little Lighthouses. I have two classes and I can already see some clear themes emerging that we will give to our commissioned artist to help recreate!

To find out more about the Little Lighthouse Trail click here: https://www.clanhouse.org/fundraising/events/light-the-north-lighthouse-trail/