Well done to Braehead’s Netball Team!

The Netball Team were presented with trophies at the End of Term Assembly.  Julie Davidson was unable to present the team with their trophies due to work commitments.  She wrote a speech which was read out at the assembly.

Sorry I have to be at work today and can’t be there to give you your trophies.  I hope you have all enjoyed this year at netball.  We have taken part in a few festivals thisyear and Braehead continue to conduct themselves in a polite and friendly manner when playing against other schools.  Braehead netball girls are very good at obeying the netball rules and this has been noted by adults in the netball community.

There was also a comment this year that we overheard from another team which was, “Be careful, they are small, but they are fast.”  That made me smile.

The girls had a wonderful opportunity to attend the Netball Europe Tournament at the Sports Village in June.  In the netball world this is like the European Cup in football.  We were lucky to witness the Scotland Netball Team win against Switzerland.  The girls also got the opportunity to meet the Scotland team and get photos and autographs done. 

I would also like to mention our new recruits from Primary 5 who started training just after the Easter holidays.  You are coming on nicely and I look forward to seeing you all after the summer holidays.  The real hard work starts then!!  So be ready!!!

Good luck to Bethany and Megan in the Academy and I hope you enjoy playing netball with the Academy girls  You are both more than ready to face the bigger challenge.

So finally, well done to all 9 girls who have trained this whole year and are about to receive their trophies.

Bethany Lawrie

Megan Anderson

Freya Campbell-Smith

Amy Gibb

Eliza Robertson

Kirsty Davidson

Niamh Rennie

Megan Robertson

Ellis Ralston